4.01.2013

lavender love for the body and home...

Happy April 1st! The months are flying by and I am getting happier each day because the weather is getting warmer in NYC and the flowers and trees will start blooming any minute. 

I've been obsessed with flowers all Winter. First I got a bunch of Gerberas, then a Pascua plant that my husband got me in December (still red and bold.) My latest one is a Lavender plant I got at Trader Joe's. I like this one because it transmits peace and harmony plus the tiny purple flower strands are delicate and romantic.


I love lavender because it's an aromatic plant. Everyday products are infused with lavender oils and the best part is that with this plant at home I don't miss burning candles and oils because it smells so good around her.

To start April with a new color (Bye, bye emerald.) I decided to put together a list of lavender products that I already have at home and love.
  1. GapBody perfume in Lavender Tea. I got this one at a Gap store on sale more than three years ago and I rarely used it until a few months ago. I enjoy this scent because it is light for everyday use. (Must say, I also like the simple branding on the package and bottles.)
  2. L'occitane's lavender hand cream. This one is really good, great reviews all over. I loved it because it kept my hands soft and hydrated for a while plus I got it for free with a purchase. A better deal for a lavender cream/lotion is Trader Joe's Spa Lavender Hand & Body lotion.  This one is perfect to have at your desk.
  3. Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Fabric Softener in Lavender. I like this product because it's delicate on fabrics and claims to be gentle to planet earth.
  4. Another natural home care product that I've had for a long time is the J.R WATKINS window cleaner in Lavender scent. This one uses natural lavender and rosemary oil and as all the other products above has a soothing scent. 
There is one more product that I didn't include in my visual board below but that my mom used for years in the Dominican Republic. The Mistolin all purpose cleaner in lavender. I currently use this product at home to clean my non-wood floors in the kitchen and bathroom. This one really gives any place a clean lavender scent. It smells like home to me. :)


The April color of the month at CheersCristalia.com is lavender. Each week I'll be creating a new post all in Lavender.

Cheers!


Google+ :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest :: Etsy

1 comment:

  1. Lavender is a great smell, I will have to try one of your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete