5.26.2013

Mellow yellow! #nailfail

Happy Memorial day weekend! I hope you are all having some time off to relax, meditate and pamper yourself. Remember my weekly color of the month posts? I have not forgotten (I swear) just been really busy (and tired) but this week I bring you double yellow to make it up.

Today's yellow post is about my new Mellow Yellow nail polish from Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line. This color reminds me of sunny summer days and sweet pineapple ice-cream. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond looking for a yellow tone but didn't want a bright neon and decided to go with this bright-but-not-so-bright color.

I paired up the yellow color with something that would tone it down a bit and first used Essie's "Good as Gold" nail polish on the left ring finger. The technique here was pretending to paint the nail but just paint half of it. This seemed fine but I wanted to try something different.

On the second try I used "White On" a white nail polish also from Sally Hansen - total nail fail.



I've been thinking, and maybe it wasn't my technique that failed, it might have been Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear brush. Unlike most of the nail polish I own, it has a long stick and brush that I think makes the art of nail painting a little messy.

What's your thought on the nail polish brush? What's your favorite nail polish brand? Post your thoughts below.

Enjoy my messy nails and keep having a lovely weekend. Cheers!

Click here for more yellow posts»


Google+ :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest :: Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment