6.01.2013

Fuchsia plant?!

Doing research for the June color of the month, I found out that there is a plant named fuchsia. Looking at it made me realize that it's where the color fuchsia comes from. According to Wikipedia, the plant was first found on the Caribbean Island of Hispaniola (Whaaaat??!!) I know, if you are Dominican, you are probably just as shocked as I am. If you are not, let me tell you that I've never seen this beautiful flower plant in the Dominican Republic - my birth country. Now you know why I am at awe with my findings.

Conclusion, always be willing to learn new things. Today, more than ever, I realize how doing research for this blog is a fantastic tool for that. Next steps? Find the fuchsia plant during my next trip to the Dominican Republic.

I hope you too learned something new today. If this isn't new to you, go visit this site Todayifoundout.com (Also new to me.) Happy June 1st and share your fuchsia plant thoughts below.

Fuchsia Flower. Image from Wikimedia.org
Cultivated Fuchsias. Image From Wikipedia

Google+ :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest :: Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment