3.28.2013

floor decor!


Do you have wallpaper or stencil on your walls??? I recently came across floor stencils in a blog post over at Apartment Therapy and instantly fell in love with it!

These giant floor stencils reminded me of concrete floors, which are very popular in my lovely home Dominican Republic. They are an affordable way of making floors look nice and colorful without having to break the bank. A color is applied to the concrete and an unpredictable pattern is created.

I began doing research and found these amazing DIY’s: here, here, and here.

Drawing giant stencils on floors is a great technique for those looking to add a creative touch to their living or commercial space whether you have wood or cement floors.

Hand-Printed Patterned Floor

What are your thoughts on this great technique? Share it in a comment below. 

Google+ :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest :: Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea!! Tho Idk if it looks too much like "I don't have the budget to even afford laminate floors so I painted my current concrete/wood floors," you know? :) Also, if you happen to get tired of a certain pattern, would you have to keep painting over it and stuff? (I.e., it's practical on walls/ceilings(?), but would it also be as practical on floors?) Just a skeptic's POV. You obviously have done more research, so I'd love to hear yours :)..

    Great job w/your blog so far! Xo & have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie!! :)
      I personally love it but good point. Maybe a gloss polish over the floor would make it more appealing than the image above.

      Delete