12.28.2013

Christmas Traditions

I usually set up the tree, lights and Christmas decor during early November because it's my favorite time of the year but by the time Santa Claus comes, I'm ready to start packing and organizing my apartment to regular mode.


Yesterday, I asked throughout my social media if you removed holiday decorations after Christmas or after the new year and most of you (if not all) said after Three Kings Day (Three Wise Man Day) on January 6th. It was good being reminded of this Spanish and Latin American tradition but even me being latina, and having grown up in DR, I must say that I am confused and that maybe we should stick to one tradition and give all gifts on Three Kings Day and not on Christmas Day or vice versa.

I'd love to hear more about the traditions you follow at home during the holidays. Please share them in a comment.

I'll try to figure this out before we are ready to start growing the family and passing on traditions but for now, I'll stick to starting the new year with everything back to normal and begin tidying up the home and 2014 goals list.

No comments:

Post a Comment