10.09.2013

Beauty And The Beast: New Hair Style

A week ago I was feeling stressed. I stressed because I had a thousand things on my to-do list before I traveled. I stressed because I wanted to feel prepared for my trip and I wasn't. I cried because even thought my hair needed a serious trim, I wanted it to be long, to stay as it was because it made me feel as myself. Sexy. Cool. Confident. It was part of my personality and I was happy because it was the longest it's been in years.

As I got up from the client chair at the hair salon I couldn't believe how short my hair was - I didn't feel like me. I was lost but told myself to be strong so I paid the bill and didn't look back in the mirror. I walked home with tears flowing down my face (good thing it was dark outside) and when I arrived, I complained to the husband and continued to cry. I made my way to the bathroom to clear my face and when I took a second look in the mirror I cried harder because my hair was much shorter than I thought it was.

The following day I realized that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I started to feel terrible because my hair isn't as long as I wished it was but there are people out there who have lost it all because of cancer treatment. So I decided to get over my issue and try to embrace my new hair style.

My new hair cut
Pamper yourself every day and do things you enjoy. Love yourself. Give thanks for everything. Enjoy life as it is with the perfect and the not-so-perfect things.

Have you had a similar experience with your hair or other beauty routines? Share it in a comment.

Follow Cheers! Cristalia: Google+ :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: Pinterest :: Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment